Nurse Aide, Acute Rehab, 7am-3pm, 32hrs/week
Company: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Job Title: Nurse Aide
Job Location: Lincoln Campus
Sign-on Bonus: $1500 + Great Pay (up to additional $5.30 shift
differential plus significant nursing pay incentives)
- Responsible for understanding and implementing the patient care
plan and to deliver quality care within the clinical services
systems and according to Madonna's philosophy and mission.
- Responsible for reporting adverse patient condition changes to
supervisor. Work will be performed in an ethical and legal manner
following organizational policies, processes, protocols and
- Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external
customer relations for Madonna as a whole, including upholding the
mission and values for the department and facility.
- Understand and utilize individual job description, program and
facility policies and operational definitions to ensure quality
- Compile and coordinate patient care information to meet program
and patient goals.
- Compute, compare, and document patient care data to provide
accurate information for the medical record.
- Properly charge patients for billable supplies to ensure
accurate billing. (PEOPLE)
- Instruct and orient new staff to department, environment and
- Communicate (speak-signal) with licensed nurse and other
nursing staff members, regarding patient condition, changes,
concerns, patient goals achieved to ensure quality service
- Serve/attend to the direct care needs of patients and families
including transfers, ambulation, repositioning and
- Communicate to patient, family and co-workers in a respectful
manner to maintain a positive customer oriented approach.
- Receive directions from a licensed nurse for patient plan of
care in order to meet patient's goals.
- Follow instruction from licensed nurse to perform other
functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the
department and clinical services systems. (THINGS)
- Maintain and ensure a safe environment for the department.
Handle and operate all necessary equipment and perform required
duties according to established safety standards to maintain
compliance with regulations and prevent injury. Medical devices
used in work, include but not limited to:
- Truma tub
- Bed scale
- Paging device
- Transfer/repositioning devices
- Oral/Tympanic thermometer
- Tub chair lift
- Beds, wheelchairs, stretchers
- Digital wheelchair/standing scale
- Workstation on Wheels (WOW) B. Stock and reorder supplies
C. Ensure cleanliness of equipment and environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work with frequent lifting. Manual patient transfer or
reposition which does not exceed the equivalent of 35 pounds of
force to lift, push or pull. Requires sufficient strength to
produce 50 pounds of force to push a wheelchair with a 300-pound
individual on level surfaces. Constant walking with maximum
duration of up 30 minutes sustained walking on tile, carpet and
other surfaces. Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained
periods of up to 1 hour on tile, carpet, and shower surfaces. Must
tolerate frequent sitting with sustained periods of up to 1 hour.
Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels.
Frequent grasping of both hands for transfers and repositioning
requiring normal grip strength based on national averages. Frequent
stooping, bending, and twisting are required for patient care.
Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor patients.
Ordinary hearing and speaking skills. Routinely exposed to
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
- Successful completion of the State approved nurse aide training
program which includes the 75 hour classroom, written, and
competency skill exams and meets current Nebraska registry
- Incumbent must be 18 years of age or older.
Madonna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital, Lincoln , Nurse Aide, Acute Rehab, 7am-3pm, 32hrs/week, Healthcare , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!