Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant
Company: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC
Location: Smith Center
Posted on: June 25, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY Certified Occupationa Therapy Assistan
Full-time 40 hours per week split between two facilities, KS.
$5,000 Sign on Bonus and relocation. Provides occupational therapy
services to residents by assisting in the assessment, treatment,
program planning and implementation, related documentation and
communication. Functions under supervision of the occupational
Responsibilities ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides occupational therapy services to residents under the
direct supervision of an occupational therapist.
- Assists occupational therapist in the evaluation process in the
areas of self-care, homemaking, functional mobility and
coordination. Assists in the evaluation of other areas as
- Identifies indications for and assists in evaluations at
appropriate intervals under the direction of the occupational
- Assists the occupational therapist in identifying a problem
list, short-term goals, long- term goals and treatment plan.
- Conducts both individual and group treatment as assigned by the
occupational therapist and outlined in the treatment plan in the
areas of ADL, functional mobility, ROM, strength, coordination,
cognitive/perceptual remediation and functional maintenance.
- Assists in the selection of occupational therapy
techniques/media and in the sequence of activities, adapts
techniques/media as indicated by resident performance and following
consultation with the occupational therapist. No major modification
to the treatment plan is made without prior consultation with the
- Assists in establishing and modifying individual resident
schedules in conjunction with the occupational therapist and other
- Adheres to department and resident schedule and modifies as
appropriate for treatment regimen.
- Maintains acceptable resident care ratios as determined by the
- Provides/recommends/fabricates adaptive devices or other
equipment; trains resident, family and appropriate staff in the use
or application of the above.
- Participates in resident, family and staff education.
- Confers formally and informally with other team members in
coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the resident.
- Adheres to Occupational Therapy Department procedures regarding
documentation of occupational therapy services.
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of
practice, department procedures and productivity standards.
- Records indirect time and billable treatment times according to
Occupational Therapy Department procedures and submits
weekly/monthly statistics to regional office.
- Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to
facility/company safety standards.
- Complies with all infection control, Universal Precautions and
OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation,
planning, implementation and follow-up of resident therapy
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers,
residents, family members and facility personnel.
- Reports to work on time and adheres to schedule maintaining
acceptable patient ratios and work efficiency during assigned
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and
- Assists with and participates in quality assurance program as
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards.
- Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications RECOMMENDED
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Associate Degree in Occupational
Therapy from an accredited program. Successful completion of the
National Certification for OTA. Current state licensure or license
eligible. Regular attendance. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and WORK
ENVIRONMENT These essential functions described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
basic functions of a certified occupational therapy assistant.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Physical requirements for this position are classified as medium
under the Department of Labor classification. The employee must be
capable of exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally (less than
1/3 of the time), and/or 10-20 pounds of force frequently (1/2 of
the time), and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly (2/3 of the
time) to move objects, equipment and/or residents. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, bend or crouch; use hands to
manipulate tools, equipment or controls; reach with hands and arms,
balance, lift and perform medium to maximum transfer assists with
residents. The employee is required to have visual and hearing
acuity sufficient enough to assess resident safety and ability.
This position is classified as a Category 1 for the purpose of
exposure determination under the OSHA Regulations regarding the
Standard on Occupational Exposure to Blood borne Pathogens (29CFR
1910.1030). Category 1 is defined as all procedures or job- related
tasks that involve an inherent risk for mucous membrane or skin
contact with blood, body fluids or tissues, or a potential for
spills and/or splashes of blood or body fluids. The use of
protective equipment and measures is required for every employee
engaged in Category 1 tasks.
Keywords: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC, Lincoln , Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant, Healthcare , Smith Center, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!