Charge RN Progressive Care Unit
Company: CHI Health Saint Elizabeth
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring.
That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI
facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding
work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you.
Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger
Contributes to the fulfillment of the CHI Health Mission and Vision
by implementing and maintaining programs, adhering to policies, and
patient care delivery standards of care in assigned departments.
Leads the delivery of patient care services on the shift to assure
patient-centered care needs are met and quality, cost-effective
care is delivered. Serves as a behavioral role model and promotes
an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral
principles. Acts as a nursing clinical subject matter expert.
Human Resources Management
- Functions as a mentor and coach.
- Assists with preparation of unit schedules.
- Establishes daily work plans for team of employees.
- Schedules staff for attendance at and completion of mandatory
- Maintains current staff certifications per regulatory
- Guides peer interviewing process in the selection of unit
- Provides input and feedback to the nurse manager in regards to
team performance management.Fiscal Management
- Assists in development and achievement of departmental budgets
- Assists with payroll activities such as monitoring
- Effectively manages material and supply usage.Leadership
- Assists in communicating a shared vision, mission and values
within the department.
- Facilitates ongoing problem solving that utilizes Department PI
to achieve desired quality outcomes.
- Conducts on-the-job training and education on topics such as
quality and patient satisfaction.
- Accountable for patient/physician satisfaction, leading process
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care
according to established standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintains and supports an atmosphere that supports and
encourages high performance, teamwork and continual improvement of
- Helps facilitate the flow of information to staff through
numerous channels and opportunities.
- Communicates clearly what is expected of others, and addresses
issues in an objective manner.
- Maintains ongoing compliance with regulatory standards through
patient rounding, EOC (environment of care) rounding, and physician
We are looking for highly accountable team members who demonstrate
compassion, excellence and reverence in all interactions with our
team and our patients. This job will require excellent
communication skills, organization and prioritization with the
ability to effectively delegate and supervise the work of other
team members. We are committed to growth and support in each role
and have many programs to offer new Registered Nurses.
Additional requirements for this role include:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to
practice in our state
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Experience as a Registered Nurse preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Bachelors degree in nursing preferred.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Delegation, team leadership, critical thinking, conflict
resolution, time and workload management.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our
faith-based health system.#NERN #MissionCriticalSkills &
Experience: rn, registered nurse, nurse, compassionate, patience,
caring, understanding, collaboration, planning, st. Elizabeth, st.
e's, hospital, new grad, new graduate, progressive care, PCU
Keywords: CHI Health Saint Elizabeth, Lincoln , Charge RN Progressive Care Unit, Healthcare , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!