LPN * BONUS ELIGIBLE * - Transitional Care, 36hrs/wk, day shift
Company: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Job Title: LPN Staff Job Code: 101013
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Assumes responsibility and accountability for coordinating and
providing quality care with a holistic approach to an assigned team
of patients. Delivers direct patient care, administers prescribed
medication and treatments within scope of practice. Contributes to
the assessment of the patient condition and reports adverse changes
or reactions to supervisor and other team members. Works within the
clinical services systems to deliver quality care according to
Madonna------s philosophy, mission and values and is responsible
for the internal and external customer relations for patient care.
Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external
customer relations for Madonna as a whole, including upholding the
mission and values for the department and facility.
- Understand and utilize individual job description and program
and facility policies and operational definitions to ensure quality
- Coordinate, compile, compare and record patient care
information to contribute to the establishment and evaluation of
patient goals and plans of care including physician------s
- Compile, compare, report and record patient data, patient care,
medications and treatments of cares rendered.
- Compute, compare, and record quantity of medications
administered and consult with Pharmacy to order or replace
medications as needed.
- Compile billable supplies to ensure accuracy on patients
- Assist in identifying patient and family needs to inform them
of patient------s progress, and to provide emotional support.
- Communicate with interdisciplinary team to arrive at decisions
for patient------s plan of care.
- Interact with patient and family by explanation, demonstration
and supervised practice to assist patient to be as independent as
- Mentor, train, and monitor new employees as to department,
environmental, and operational guidelines.
- Serve patient by assisting with transfers, wheeling in
wheelchairs, ambulating and repositioning, ADL------s and feeding
of patients. Renders cares such as dressing changes, vital signs,
treatments and medications as prescribed.
- Speaking-signaling to patient and family by answering call
lights, responding in a timely respectful manner to maintain a
positive customer relation.
- Communicate (speak-signal) with supervisor and other staff
members regarding patient------s condition, response to
medications, concerns, patient goals to ensure quality service
- Follow instruction from supervisor to perform other functions
as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department and
clinical services systems.
- Assist physician and assist with physician visits.
- Direct and assist patient care given by other health team
members and students (unlicensed personnel). (THINGS)
- Set up, maintain and ensure a safe environment for the
department. Handle and operate all necessary equipment and perform
required duties according to established safety standards to
maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
Medical devices used in work include, but not limited to:
ear irrigation device
cont. passive knee exerciser
Tub chair lift
Beds, wheelchairs, stretchers
Digital wheelchair/Standing scale
Workstation on Wheels (WOW)
- Reordering and stocking of supplies and medications.
- Moving furniture and equipment.
- Ensures clean environment following protocols and procedures
for environment and equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work with frequent lifting. Manual patient transfer or
reposition which does not exceed the equivalent of 35 pounds of
force to lift, push or pull. Requires sufficient strength to
produce 50 pounds of force to push a wheelchair with a 300-pound
individual on level surfaces. Constant walking with maximum
duration of up 30 minutes sustained walking on tile, carpet and
other surfaces. Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained
periods of up to 1 hour on tile, carpet, and shower surfaces. Must
tolerate frequent sitting with sustained periods of up to 1 hour.
Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels.
Frequent grasping of both hands for transfers and repositioning
requiring normal grip strength based on national averages. Frequent
stooping, bending, and twisting are required for patient care.
Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor patients.
Ordinary hearing and speaking skills. May be exposed to
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Must possess current Nebraska LPN licensure. Requires CPR for
Health Care Provider/CPR for Professional Rescuer. Demonstrate
ability to function in a variety of clinical settings. One year of
clinical experience preferred.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms
are requested so that full background and history can be obtained,
employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
Keywords: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital, Lincoln , LPN * BONUS ELIGIBLE * - Transitional Care, 36hrs/wk, day shift, Healthcare , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!