Dept Transportation Medical Examiner - On-call as needed, NW Therapy Plus Clinic
Company: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: May 6, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTION Job Title: DOT Certified Medical Examiner
Job Code: 550096
Immediate Supervisor: Fit for Work Manager
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
The DOT Certified Medical Examiner will perform DOT Physicals using
discretion and independent judgment with clinical duties to include
obtaining medical history, completing driver physical assessments,
and providing timely and accurate follow-up medical management, as
indicated. Utilizes an Apple iPad to accurately and timely enter
all the DOT physical medical information on the long form and
medical card. Provides timely and customer focused communication
with drivers, employers and referral sources. If the DOT certified
Medical Examiner is a certified physician assistant, they will
function as a practitioner under the supervision of a physician.
Work will be performed in an ethical and legal manner following
organizational policies, processes, protocols and procedures .
Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external
customer relations for Madonna as a whole, including upholding the
mission and values for the department and facility.
- Completes initial history, drug screen and physical within
Department of Transportation (DOT) guideline parameters.
- Timely and accurate completion of necessary documentation and
communication, including driver, employer and physician as
- Ensures appropriate medical releases are provided as indicated
based on driver health status.
- Accurately submits charges for completed physicals.
- Stays current on all DOT physical regulations and requirements.
- Performs detailed complete history and physical examination to
include health history.
- Provides positive customer service experience for driver and
- Consults with physician in all emergencies and/or potentially
life threatening conditions.
- Participates in referral development activities as requested to
expand service area.
- Follows instruction from supervisor to perform other functions
as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department
and/or system. (THINGS)
- Ability to access clinical information using Escreen/Ephysical
- Must be able to operate all clinical equipment as required to
complete DOT physical.
- Must be able to operate copier, telephone, fax machine and have
basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office software.
- Maintain and ensure a safe and clean working environment.
Handles and operates all necessary equipment and performs required
duties according to established safety standards to maintain
compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Assist with ensuring cleanliness of equipment and environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Light work with frequent sitting and standing.
- Occasional walking with a maximum duration of up to 15 minutes
sustained walking on tile, carpet, and other surfaces. Must
tolerate frequent standing with sustained periods of up to 1 hour
on tile, and carpet. Must tolerate frequent sitting with sustained
periods of up to 1 hour. Occasional reaching with both arms at low,
waist, and high levels.
- Constant near visual acuity to evaluate patients.
- Requires ordinary hearing and speaking skills to communicate by
phone or in person.
- Protective clothing ------ frequently wears mask, gloves,
and/or eye protection.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Master------s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies from an
accredited school or university and current Physicians Assistant
License, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Doctor of
Chiropractic studies. DOT Certified Medical Examiner Certificate
required. DOT drug screen certification required, within 60 days of
hire. Must be CPR Certified, ACLS preferred.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms
are requested so that full background and history can be obtained,
employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
Keywords: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital, Lincoln , Dept Transportation Medical Examiner - On-call as needed, NW Therapy Plus Clinic, Healthcare , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!