AVP, Government Contracts (Remote in Nebraska)
Company: Molina Healthcare
Posted on: January 26, 2023
AVP, Government Contracts (Remote in Nebraska) JOB
DESCRIPTIONJob SummaryResponsible for the strategic development and
administration of contracts with State and/or Federal governments
for Medicaid, Medicare, Marketplace, and other government-sponsored
programs to provide health care services to low income, uninsured,
and other populations.KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Responsible for the administration of contracts with the State
and/or Federal government for Medicaid, Medicare, Marketplace, and
other government-sponsored programs to provide health care services
to low-income, uninsured, and other populations.
- Serves as lead for contract knowledge and assists Plan
President with various advocacy efforts in support of Plan business
- Provides contracts and relationship management for State and
Federal partners (Medicaid, Medicare, Insurance) and key State
elected officials (Governor's Office, State legislators, and/or
local government officials).
- Supervises Regulatory Submissions and Filings.
- Represents Molina at State and local meetings including those
with the Medicaid Director, Director of Insurance, and other
Medicaid officials. Develops strategies to advocate for best
practices that demonstratively improve contract terms or facilitate
- Identifies opportunities for strategic conversations with key
stakeholders aligned with business needs (e.g., regarding duals,
ABD children, and accountable care organizations (ACO's) that
promote Molina approaches.
- Improves coordination/integration of acute and long-term
services and supports (LTSS) for dual eligible and influences the
State's implementation of the ACA provisions.
- Works with key statewide advocacy groups and provider trade
associations to advocate Molina's position and business objectives
and develop strategic partnerships.
- Works with Legal Affairs to assess and provide analyses for
proposed changes to Medicaid, Medicare, Exchange, and other
government-sponsored healthcare program contracts, governing
regulations and new legislation and policy requirements.
- Oversees and monitors the implementation of new Medicaid and
Medicare contractual and policy requirements, new legislation, and
- Coordinates plan's RFI responses, as well as RFA and RFP bid
efforts, in collaboration with MHI Corporate Development.
- Coordinates with Director, Compliance on initiatives to improve
adherence to plan policies and procedures and represents Government
Contracts on Compliance Committee.
- Coordinates the establishment of and maintains MOUs for the
plan's carved-out and linked services in State healthcare programs
as applicable.JOB QUALIFICATIONSRequired EducationBachelor's Degree
in related field or equivalent combination of education and
- 5 years' experience in government programs and at least 2 years
- Extensive knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare, Marketplace and/or
other government-sponsored programs.Preferred EducationBachelor's
or master's degree in public health, Public Policy or Business
Administration.Preferred ExperienceExperience working in the
managed care industry, particularly with health plans that contract
with government-sponsored programs.To all current Molina employees:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply
through the intranet job listing.Molina Healthcare offers a
competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is
an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.Pay Range: $106,461.25
- $207,599.44 a year**Actual compensation may vary from posting
based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or
skill level.About UsMolina Healthcare is a nationwide fortune 500
organization with a mission to provide quality healthcare to people
receiving government assistance. If you are seeking a meaningful
opportunity in a team-oriented environment, come be a part of a
highly engaged workforce dedicated to our mission. Bring your
passion and talents and together we can make a difference in the
lives of others. Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits
and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity
Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V. Job Type: Full Time Posting Date:
12/07/2022 Sign up to receive automatic notices when jobs that
match your interests are posted.
Keywords: Molina Healthcare, Lincoln , AVP, Government Contracts (Remote in Nebraska), Government & Protective Services , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!