Case Manager, Responsible Fatherhood Initiative Project
Company: Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska
Posted on: May 26, 2023
- The RFIP Case Manager provides support and advocacy for people
served in the Fatherhood Initiative Project and ensures a
person-centered philosophy while utilizing client voice and choice.
This role works to develop strong partnerships and serves as a
resource guide in supporting fathers who are seeking to re-engage
with their children and overcome barriers and struggles to improve
their lives. Job Duties:
- Provide case management to clients in a variety of community
settings, to include client homes, prisons, and jails.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with
internal and external parties.
- Assess short and long-term needs and priorities to develop
Individual Service Plans (ISP).
- Work cooperatively/effectively with others to set goals,
resolve problems, and make decisions for the benefit of the
- Maintain and record resources and services received for each
- Assist the client in completing applications for public and
- Provide referrals to outside agencies as needed including but
not limited to food pantries, education programs, mental health
facilities, shelters, employment resources, etc.
- Conduct outreach meetings and networking to gain referrals and
- Conduct all activities within program and funding
- Collect and analyze data and submit timely reports.
- Participate in program and LFS events and activities as
- Other duties as assigned. Requirements
- Must be able to pass all necessary background checks and obtain
clearance to work in jails and/or prisons to meet with
- Knowledge of family relationships/systems, child welfare, and
- Ability to work independently to plan and coordinate client
meetings in-person, virtually, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
- Awareness and sensitivity of the organization's constituents
and populations served.
- Ability to thoroughly document conversations and actions
regarding case management
- Regular and predictable attendance, and promptness for
- Commitment to uphold the mission, vision, values of Lutheran
- Support Lutheran Family Services in the organization's
objective to be a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible
workplace. Position Competencies:
- Relationship Building
- Organizational Skills
- Taking Initiative
- Empathy Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor's degree in human
service-related area preferred. Four years of relevant work
experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Case management experience and/or knowledge of existing
community social services and referrals preferred.
- Demonstrated work experience collaborating with non-profits,
medical providers, employment agencies, domestic violence programs,
other community organizations, etc.
- Bilingual in English and another language preferred. Desired
languages mirror our client populations and may include Spanish,
Arabic, and/or Kurdish.
- Valid driver's license, proof of liability insurance, and
ability to drive for agency business. Physical Requirements:
- Field work environment (in office, remote, correctional
- Laptop and company issued cell phone.
- Reliable transportation for travel between various worksites
(travel to meet clients face-to- face in their homes, the
- Travel to various locations to meet client needs, as
- Work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends to
meet client needs (as directed).
Lutheran Family Services is an equal opportunity employer. We do
not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
on the basis of age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, disability,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
Keywords: Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska, Lincoln , Case Manager, Responsible Fatherhood Initiative Project, Executive , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...