President of Commercial Construction
Company: Van Buskirk Companies
Posted on: May 25, 2023
We invite you to join us at Van Buskirk Companies in Sioux
Falls, -South Dakota! Our vision is To create an extraordinary real
estate experience that builds dreams and develops community.We are
looking for an experienced President of Construction to organize
and oversee the daily operations of construction projects from
inception to completion, while also assisting in the development
and execution of the overall mission and strategy of the company.
You will be the one to ensure that our construction business is
well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and
coaching our people. You will grow partner relationships to ensure
projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to quality. We
are looking for an excellent leader who can embody our core values
and discover the most efficient ways to run the business while
bringing team, clients, and vendors along. -The right candidate for
this position possesses 3 non-negotiable qualities:
- Integrity and Respect. You must know how to build and maintain
relationships based on trust and deliver a quality customer
experience that you can teach. -
- Confidence. You must be energetic and have a strong desire for
success. Your positivity is contagious and will build your team
from the top down.
- Passion. You must have a desire for innovation and continuous
improvement, with a commitment to staying abreast of industry
trends and advancements.Role SummaryThe President of Construction
is responsible for the management of commercial construction
operations and activities within the organization. This includes
efforts in both design and construction, maintaining scheduling,
quality, and financial outcomes. This position manages ongoing
relations with clients, contractors, vendors, and the commercial
construction management team to ensure projects are completed on
time, within budget, and to specifications. Manages subordinate
Project Managers, Superintendents, Estimators and subcontract
professionals. Requires strong project development skills and may
at times aid in the selections, methods and other project details
on design-build projects. Provides input and collaborates
interdepartmentally with owners, sales, accounting, property
management and leasing. Utilizes negotiation and conflict
resolution skills on a regular basis. Reports to the Principals of
VBC, Inc. The President will need to be familiar with delivering a
project to numerous asset classes including retail, office,
industrial/warehouse and multifamily.Responsibilities
- Company Leadership: Assist in development and execution of
overall mission and strategy of company to ensure successful
completion of initiatives.
- Financial Responsibility: Setting growth goals and meeting
- Division Management: Reporting and forecasting, systemization,
resource allocation and forecasting.
- Construction delivery in Design Build or Bid Build Projects:
Determine scope, timeframe, design, and pricing for internal and
external customers. -
- Construction Management: Oversee the project from contract to
completion, utilizing the team and appropriate resources.
- Sales/Marketing: Marketing management with support from an
internal team, selling projects.
- People Management: Provides leadership for development and
- Proven track record of successful project management and
delivery of large-scale projects. Including but not limited to:
- National Retail Construction and Lease Compliance, Lifestyle
Centers, Strip Mall Development, Call Center construction,
Professional Office Construction, Retail Tenant Improvements,
Multifamily Rental, Industrial Warehouse
- Extensive knowledge of construction industry regulations and
- Zoning and Building Code compliance for multiple markets.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with experience
in leading and managing multi-faceted teams. Ability to embrace VBC
core values with steadfast resolve.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering,
project management or related field.
- Class A construction, wood framing, steel framing, concrete
tilt up construction, pitched roofs, flat roofs, steel joists, slab
on grade construction, underbuilding parking, parking lot
construction, HVAC system cost/benefits, electrical system
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in construction management,
with at least 4 years in a senior leadership role.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills, with the
ability to build and maintain relationships with key
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and
manage multiple projects simultaneously, ability to deal with
unexpected challenges quickly, calmly, and efficiently.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, with a
- Strong financial acumen, with experience in budgeting,
forecasting and financial analysis.
- Passion for innovation and continuous improvement, with a
commitment to staying abreast of industry trends and
- Family-owned and focused company
- Distinctive business model
- Project investment decisions made by the senior team
- Community orientated, people focused
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Generous 401k Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life InsuranceVBC CultureOur
culture inspires people and performs with a commitment to
community. With amazing people and great services, we confidently
look forward to exciting growth in our region, and believe in
following the purpose and values that support our vision.VanBuskirk
Companies PurposeWe provide businesses and families with a place to
live well, grow, work, and succeed.VBC Core Values
- Integrity We take pride in doing the right thing and build
trust with each interaction.
- Teamwork We value one another and our customers as partners and
commit to shared success through positive communication,
collaboration, and action.
- Innovation We think creatively to develop unique solutions to
- Excellence We continuously learn and grow our capabilities to
bring our best work, every day!
- Community We are united to make a positive impact and build
strong relationships where we work and live.Who We AreVan Buskirk
Companies is a full-service real estate developer. We've been
developing neighborhoods and building properties for over 50 years
and that experience has given us the knowledge of what works and
sells in our market.To date, Van Buskirk Companies has developed 21
neighborhoods, sold over 3,500 home sites, built and manages over a
million square feet of commercial space, completed over 80
commercial development and construction projects and has been
responsible for creating some of the region's most in-demand
commercial properties, including Lake Lorraine Lifestyle Center and
The Bridges at 57th Street.The commercial construction team is at
the core of what we do and integral to every aspect of the company,
we are ready for the next leader to join us and grow this
Keywords: Van Buskirk Companies, Lincoln , President of Commercial Construction, Executive , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...