Director of Operations
Company: LAZ Parking
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time
driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!LAZ Parking is
one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the
country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces
across the country. When it comes to parking, we're the experts!We
are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say "parking is our
industry but people are our passion." Our mission is to "create
opportunities for our employees and value for our clients". If
you're looking to join a growing company led by passionate people
committed to being the best - contact us today!The Spirit of the
Position:TheDirector of Operations (Government Services)will have
complete oversight for financials and operations of assigned
government agency portfolio to ensure 24/7 professional parking
management. This can include but not limited to multiple facility
operations, on street parking and enforcement parking for local
government agencies. As a company devoted to promoting an
employee-focused servant leadership culture, the Director of
Operations will support the programs and initiatives originating
from our home office and help to support the individual needs of
their operational teams throughout their assigned
portfolio.Principal Job Duties:
- Responsible for developing client relationships and business
retention, specifically assigned government agency portfolio.
- Ensuring that increased revenue, managed expenses, and customer
satisfaction is maximized by maintaining the highest level of
service thresholds and initiatives that are aligned with the
expectations of our various clients.
- Assist the region with the business development, proposal,
presentation, and transitions for new locations.
- Lead, direct, and develop team of employees to accomplish
annual and periodic goals/initiatives, while embodying and using
LAZ Parking's culture as a guideline.
- Identifying high potential employees to support the
organization's continued growth.
- Responsible for planning and executing plan for the opening of
new locations within their assigned portfolio.
- Preparation of budgets/monthly reviews of profit/loss by
location with assigned portfolio.
- Organize and narrate parking management skills for Facilities
Managers and Assistant Managers.
- Understand, implement, and deliver all requirements that are
outlined within the contractual agreement between LAZ Parking and
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Annual financial and operational
reports as required.
- Managing, planning, scheduling, training, and directing the
activities of Facilities Managers and Assistant Managers which may
require compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Serve as a liaison to parking patrons and various stakeholder
groups who are impacted by the operations of the assigned portfolio
(and vice versa).
- Implement and complete other projects, programs, and
initiatives that may arise from the operation of assigned
- Participate in labor contract management if applicable to
- Review and edit proposed parking, maintenance, etc.
- Communicate with local police department and emergency
management teams regarding operations.
- Organize and manage the oversight of event operations within
- Monitor, review, and analyze the market rate structures.
- Implementation and completion of other projects, programs, and
initiatives that may arise from assigned portfolio operation.
- Additional related duties as assigned.Requirements:Education:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.Experience:
- 5+ years in Management role.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft
Office Applications. Skills:
- Parking management experience of multiple locations is
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea
sharing and creative problem solving.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching
conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges
(Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all
levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.Physical
- Willingness to work in the elements - heat, wind, snow, rain,
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a
shift.The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform
the essential duties/functions.FLSA Status:ExemptLAZ Parking is an
equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices,
including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal
employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics,
Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other
protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local law. No question in our application process
is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's
consideration for employment on such grounds.LAZ Parking
participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: LAZ Parking, Lincoln , Director of Operations, Executive , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!