Assistant Director of Nursing RN $5,000 Sign on Bonus
Company: Belleville Health Care Center
Posted on: May 16, 2022
POSITION DESCRIPTION:Responsible for supporting and carrying out
the administration and management of Nursing Services to residents
in accordance with orders of the physicians and total needs of the
residents. In partnership with the Director of Nursing, is
responsible for the 24-hour supervision of Nursing Services and
directs the Nursing Department to maintain quality standards of
care in accordance with current Federal, State and The Company
standards, guidelines and regulations. In absence of the Director
of Nursing, assumes the responsibility for clinical operations. The
position conducts the nursing process - assessment, planning,
implementation and evaluation - under the scope of the State's
Nurse Practice Act of Registered Nurse licensure.GENERAL DUTIES AND
- Coordinates plans for the total care of each resident which
comply with physician's orders, governmental regulations and
facility resident care policies.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing
staff, and monitors staff practices and implementation.
- Participates in all admissions decisions, and may visit
prospective residents before admissions, as needed.
- Participates in daily and weekly management team meetings to
discuss resident status, census changes, personnel, or resident
complaints or concerns.
- Ensures delivery of compassionate quality care and nursing
supervision as evidence by adequate services and staff coverage,
absence of odors, general cleanliness, prevention of pressure
wounds, and apparent maintenance of optimal resident functions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and application of Key Clinical
Quality Indicates, and proactively monitors and implements systems
to achieve and/or surpass company thresholds.
- Collaborates with physicians, consultants, community agencies,
and institutions to improve the quality of services and to resolve
- Assist in the coordination of nursing services with all other
departments including Therapy.
- Responsible for competency testing on registered, licensed,
certified, non-certified nursing personnel.
- Implements and monitors the infection control program designed
to provide a safe, sanitary, and comfortable environment designed
to prevent the devilment and transmission of disease and infection.
- Prepares or reviews infection control surveillance reports to
identify trends and to develop effective actions to control and
prevent infections. Submits an infection control report to the QA
- Coordinates on-going QA activities for nursing services to
monitor nursing compliance with standards and regulatory
requirements through rounds, interviews, and record reviews.
Compiles summary of findings for the Quality Assurance committee.
- Helps the Director of Nursing prepare staff for inspection
surveys, instructing staff on matters of conduct and disclosure,
being interviewed by inspectors, immediate corrections of problems
noted by surveyors, etc. Reviews and reinforces important standards
- Designs systems to plan, promote, develop, assess, interpret,
validate and evaluate the implementation of clinical programs,
policies, procedures and forms.
- Monitors facility incidents and complaints daily to identify
those defined as unusual occurrences by State policy and promptly
reports such occurrences to Administrator/Executive Director for
- Monitors complaint reports daily for allegations of potential
abuse or neglect, or the loss or misappropriation of resident
property, and participates in these investigations.
- Promotes compliance with accident prevention procedures, safety
rules, and safe work practices to prevent employee injury and
illness and control worker's compensation costs.
- Ensure 24 hour services such as RN coverage compliance; abuse
and neglect coordination compliance, and other services as required
by federal, state, local and other governing agencies.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or
assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Currently licensed as RN in the state practiced.
- Associate or bachelor's degree from an accredited nursing
- Five years in long-term or acute health care preferred; At
least 2 years nursing supervisory experience required.
- As a Registered Nurse (RN) you are responsible for staff
assignment and provide overall supervision of resident care in
accordance with established policies and procedures and as may be
directed by the RN Supervisor, Director of Nurses or Administrator,
to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be
maintained at all times.
- Annual evaluations
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Electronic documentation
- Employee appreciation events
Keywords: Belleville Health Care Center, Lincoln , Assistant Director of Nursing RN $5,000 Sign on Bonus, Executive , Belleville, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!