Company: Heritage Communities
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Heritage Communities operates 14 communities in three states. As
we grow, we continue to seek dynamic associates to join us on our
mission to help active seniors Live Better. If you answer yes to
the following questions, please reach out to us today!
- Do you enjoy working with people?
- Do you thrive on new challenges each day?
- Do you prefer to move throughout the day, rather than sit at a
- Are you driven by the idea of helping others, and contributing
to the greater good of your community?
Do you desire purpose and the ability to make a difference?
The Executive Director provides community strategic and tactical
leadership to a team of department directors that fosters superior
resident care, complies with company policies, local, state and
federal regulations and supports the advancement of our business
strategy. The incumbent is responsible for the effective management
and oversight of community operations including the delivery of
resident services, program development, sales, dining services,
staffing, associate training and development, safety, maintenance,
public relations and financial management. The Executive Director
leads and directs community operations and ensures a positive
culture that focuses on our core values of Compassion, Trust,
Respect and Fun for residents and associates.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspire community team to provide excellent resident care and
achieve operational excellence, census goals and financial goals
throughout all stages of a community.
- Cultivate a positive, inclusive culture through demonstrated
behaviors that are aligned with our Core Values of Compassion,
Respect, Trust and Fun.
- Establish and evolve positive relationships with residents,
families, associates, OnCare Home Health, regulatory agencies,
vendors and third-party providers.
- Proactively lead, direct and oversee community leaders and
associates in accordance with company expectations and local, state
and federal standards and regulations. Readies leadership,
associates and community for inspection by regulatory agencies
through regular quality assessments, completing corrective actions,
accurate and current record keeping practices, policy compliance,
emergency preparedness, etc.
- Implement operational processes, procedures and best practices
that meet state requirements and ensure consistent processes are
applied throughout the community.
- Coach leaders to effectively identify, investigate, navigate
and resolve resident, employee, management and operational
- Ensure community is sufficiently staffed with highly engaged
and trained associates. Network, recruit, hire, onboard, train,
develop, supervise and performance manage associates in accordance
with company policies.
- Oversee and monitor community financials, resident census,
staff scheduling to ensure operational efficiencies.
- Complete monthly and quarterly financial reviews, annual
budgeting process and strategic planning to meet financial
expectations and growth.
- Manage budget and cash flow, maintain budget accountability,
aggressively anticipate and minimize negative budget
- Assess, analyze and grow occupancy levels by fully utilizing
company sales and marketing programs and providing quality services
to retain current residents.
- Meet with prospective families or residents, coordinate
resident move-in's and facilitate new resident orientations.
- Ensure leadership team and associates are well-informed about
community and company news, information, activities,
policies/procedures, deadlines, etc.
- As the senior member of the community leadership team, the
incumbent will serve as on-call contact on a rotating basis.
- Direct supervision of community leadership team and serves as
executive leader to all assigned community associates.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in a senior living or related industry
supervisory or leadership role. Management of a multi-disciplined
leadership team preferred.
- Must hold or obtain applicable assisted living certification or
administrators license in accordance with state requirements. If
certification or license is not active, required licensing must be
obtained within 6 months or other agreed upon timeframe.
- Bachelor's degree or some college coursework in related field
- Must possess a valid driver's license and acceptable driving
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse groups
including colleagues, clients and various business contacts at
various levels ranging from front-line employees to senior
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team that champions a culture of
Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun and operates in the spirit and
advocacy for our seniors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to navigate challenging and ambiguous situations involving
emotions or conflict.
- Creative problem solving, negotiation and persuasion
- Possess operational knowledge of all departments of a senior
living community including operations, sales and marketing, dining
services, life enrichment, environmental services, maintenance,
human resources, etc.
- Ability to manage detailed, complex concepts and problems and
make sound decisions regarding residents, families, associates or
other administrative issues.
- Strong technical skills with knowledge of business software
programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain confidential and privileged information
that involves HIPPA, residents, associates.
Work takes place in a typical office or community environment
equipped with a computer, phone and other office supplies. Work may
also take place in the outdoor environment.
Position may also involve exposure to latex, infections and
Must be able to assist residents with limited mobility, move
equipment and lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds intermittently
throughout the day.
Keywords: Heritage Communities, Lincoln , Executive Director, Executive , Hastings, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!