Development Director - Marquette County
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Development Director - Marquette County in Marquette, Michigan -
Careers at WUM - Marquette Corps Skip Branding Development Director
- Marquette County in Marquette, Michigan - Careers at WUM -
Marquette Corps Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to
Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all
the personalized features of this site, including the ability to
apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log
back in! Development Director - Marquette County Job Locations
US-MI-Marquette Job ID 2021-16859 # of Openings 1 Category
Development Type Regular Full-Time Overview Who we are: Our
Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an
evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Our message is
based on the Bible. Our ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Our mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet
human need in His name without discrimination. Why work for us? The
Salvation Army's brand promises to Do the Most Good-- -and it's our
employees that help us get there. At every level, you can have a
real impact on your community through the work done inside our
walls every day. We are as impassioned about our employees as we
are about our mission to help anyone in need without
discrimination. Our culture reflects this quality, which makes our
offices a seriously great place to work. Just walk inside our doors
and you'll quickly see that our employees are proud to support
programs that make a difference. The Salvation Army recognizes that
peace of mind is important to employees and their families. Because
of this, we offer :
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible schedules and a casual dress environment
- Generous paid time off benefits (vacation, sick time, personal
time, and 11 paid holidays)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program, providing 24/7 support, resources,
and referrals to help you in your work and personal life
- Insurance benefits: excellent health, and dental, life,
disability-- Discounts available for Pet Insurance, auto, and home
insurance Responsibilities About the role: The Development Director
obtains--funds and public support for The Salvation Army in
Marquette and Alger counties in Michigan. Additional
- Works to establish Fund Development Goals by studying The
Salvation Army's objectives and needs in cooperation with local
Advisory Board and under supervision of the Corps Officers.
- Guides Fund Development efforts by formulating fund development
policies, procedures and programs, including reporting of
gifts-in-kind. Obtains fund development consultation as
- Identifies potential donors by examining past donation records,
researching support given to other organizations, contacting local
grant agencies and foundations and by establishing personal
- Prepares promotional literature and presentations by composing
copy, designing layout, obtaining graphic art advice, and working
with printers and media services as the PR point person.
- Solicits funds and pledges by completing grant applications,
answering inquiries, mailing literature, requesting personal
solicitation from Board members, volunteers and staff members, and
by making personal visits, speeches and promotions.Oversees the
completion of the annual United Way application.
- Takes lead role in organizing and coordinating all aspects of
the Capital Campaign, including but not limited to, solicitating
donations, logistics processing, and acts as liaison between corps
and divisional headquarters.
- Organizes special fund raising and promotional projects such as
Christmas appeals, and annual fund raisers by setting objectives,
targeting supporters, developing approaches, and making
- Maintains direct responsibility for meeting annual fundraising
- Develops and directs special events in conjunction with staff
and Advisory Board by identifying potential guests, developing
announcements and invitations, making and coordinating arrangements
and by supervising volunteers.
- Prepares Fund Development reports by collecting data, analyzing
trends, summarizing information along with submitting weekly
activity reports to Corps Officer and monthly statistical reports
to the Corps Officer.
- Coordinates the direct mail program in coordination with
divisional headquarters direct mail department
- Refers all stock donations, bequests, and large donation to DHQ
for processing through Planned Giving Representative.
- Develops and carries out yearly marketing plan highlighting
Salvation Army programs and developing annual or yearly community
- Leads the Community Relations and Development committee
meetings and attends monthly Advisory Board meetings.
- Cultivates relationships with private donors for philanthropic
purposes benefiting The Salvation Army.
- Maintains media relationships and social media content
including press releases and acts as liaison with media
- Represents The Salvation Army civically through Service Club
membership. Qualifications What we are looking for in you:
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Certifications: Valid
Driver's license with approval to drive from The Salvation Army's
insurance carrier. Experience: 3-5 years of fund-raising
experience, especially with donor cultivation and capital campaign
experience Skills: Knowledge of:
- Federal regulations and state laws applicable to the programs,
for grant application purposes.
- Contract administration and compliance.
- Advanced presentation skills.
- Computer applications related to the work including strong
skills in Microsoft Publisher, Access, Word and Excel, managing
websites, Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail.--
- Record keeping principles and practices; correct business
English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Speaking to a variety of individuals from various
socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over
- The Salvation Army's Safe From Harm training program. Ability
- Communicate exceptionally well orally, in writing and over the
telephone. Clearly and effectively communicate in English, both
orally and in writing.
- Perform evening, weekend, and overnight duties as
- Demonstrate strong managerial skills, as part of the management
- Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other
- Use initiative and independent judgment within Salvation Army
ethics and guidelines; organize own work, set priorities and meet
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
those contacted in the course of work. Cultivate relationships with
the corporate and philanthropic community through Board members,
private consultations and other professional connections.
- Meet and work with the Corps Officer, Staff, and Advisory Board
representatives (CRD committee) regarding development goals,
projects and results.
- Represent The Salvation Army in a professional, ethical and
helpful manner. Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Email
this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working
properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again
later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs Software
Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Lincoln , Development Director - Marquette County, Executive , Marquette, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!