Posted on: February 22, 2021
Eaton has an opportunity for a Quality Manager - Manufacturing and
New Product Improvement role. This role can be located in any of
the following locations: Galesburg MI, Marshall MI, Southfield MI,
Kearney NE, Roxboro NC or Kings Mountain NC.
The primary function of this role will be responsibility for
leading the overall new product quality planning effort for Vehicle
Group and eMobility's new product development projects to achieve
defect free launches, increased customer satisfaction, and
successful program and manufacturing internal quality goals and
objectives. This role will work closely with Research and
Development Centers, Engineering, Program Management, Supplier
Quality and Manufacturing plants to achieve successful decision
gate approval during each phase of product development, including a
primary focus on design, product and process validation.
- Responsible for new product advanced quality planning
activities, quality roadmap implementation & improvement, and
driving Vehicle Group organization for defect free new product
launches by meeting the APQP requirements.
- Supports project and marketing teams in executing the PROLaunch
requirements and delivering a design which is aligned with the
customer's requirements, product validation, verification of
Critical to Quality (CTQ) and special characteristics matrix are
- Performs reviews of the DV/PV (Design Validation/Product
Validation) plan for quality and serves as the Quality Decision
Gate Committee member during the PROLaunch gate review
- Leads the implementation of the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook to
be used as a guide to assist in the development of Design FMEA,
Process FMEA, and Supplemental FMEA for Monitoring and System
Response. Supports product and process engineering teams by
conducting PFMEA Workshops to pursue robust PFMEA's and Control
- Takes an active role in PROLaunch decision gates to ensure
defect free product and/or process launches. Ensures Manufacturing
Launch Readiness Review process and Production Part Approval
Process (PPAP) processes are performed, as appropriate, in support
of PROLaunch New Product Development or Standard Transition
- Leads the development and standardization of the VG Corrective
Action/Problem Solving process for new Program Introductions.
Ensures timely escalation/communication of customer escape
incidents, and coordinates with sector, region, business, and
functional colleagues to ensure appropriate containment and
root-cause preventive actions are undertaken with the appropriate
urgency. Provides on-site support as required.
- Champions the Product Quality and functional excellence
strategies and deployment of standard processes that align with the
Vehicle Group (VG) regional and business needs, while leveraging
the corporate/sector/regional strategic plans and driving
facilities towards world class metrics by aligning proper resources
and leveraging best practices and lessons learned to drive
read-across actions at similar facilities. Ensures that lessons
learned are incorporated into new launches to help drive flawless
- Leads and supports Vehicle Group level initiatives such as
Eaton Business System (EBS), Eaton Business Excellence (EBE),
Operational Assessment (Op A), Rapid Improvement Events (RIE) and
Business Process Improvements (BPI) as requested.
- Coordinates VG group-level training strategies and plans to
support functional competency building for quality processes and
tools including: EQMS, Fresh Eyes, 8D, PFMEA, Control Plan, MSA,
PPAP, APQP, etc.
- Actively advocates, mentors and "Talent Hawks" for the quality
function to build organizational capability. Ensures deployment of
Eaton's quality functional excellence tool set
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in manufacturing and design
related roles (for example Plant Quality Manager, Manufacturing
- TS/IATF, ISO and Manufacturing process knowledge
- Understanding of statistical tools and analysis
- EBE Examiner (Senior Examiner Preferred)
- QMS Auditor or Adjunct Faculty Preferred
- Six Sigma Belt Certified or equivalent
- OpA Certified Assessor
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is
required. An MBA or advanced degree in a related field is highly
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the
corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a
base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete
- This role can be located in any of the following locations:
Galesburg MI, Marshall MI, Southfield MI, Kearney NE, Roxboro NC,
or Kings Mountain NC.
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-Michigan-Marshall, United States-Nebraska-Kearney,
United States-Michigan-Southfield, United States-North
Carolina-Kings Mountain, United States-North Carolina-Roxboro
Galesburg MI Loc
VEH Vehicle Group
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Requisition ID :093502
Keywords: Eaton, Lincoln , Quality Manager, Executive , Kearney, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!