SiteOps Global Information Security Lead Engineer
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Summary: Meta is seeking a forward thinking, experienced Data
Center InfoSec Engineering Lead to join the Data Center Site
Operations team. Our data centers, and the tens of thousands of
servers installed in them, are the foundation upon which our
rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which
our innovative services are delivered. Meta is at the leading edge
of the global data center industry both in terms of how data
centers are designed and operated. This person should enjoy working
in a fast-paced environment where adaptability and flexibility will
be key to their success.The candidate we seek is a forward thinking
IT professional with deep experience in supporting the development
roadmap for Metas internal information security engineering
requirements, tooling and workflow. The ideal candidate should be
an Information Security professional with advanced, hands-on
technical skills in designing, supporting, and assessing
compliance-related controls and procedures around physical data
media handling (ideally in a Data Center environment). This role
will have a direct impact on our server fleet and the global Data
Center Site Operations teams at Meta. The ideal candidate should
have a comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of technologies,
have an experienced view of software architecture and hardware
platforms as related to information security and be comfortable
working independently with little supervision and creating global
direction. They should also be a natural collaborator as they will
be working out of Metas headquarters, able to distill the needs of
all relevant stakeholders and subject matter experts and translate
these into long-term engineering solutions. The successful
candidate will be capable of providing technical guidance and
mentorship, to drive continuous improvement in global operational
processes and tooling. Extensive knowledge of managing servers,
programming/scripting, and performing complex projects in a
large-scale, distributed data center environment is an
advantage.Required Skills: SiteOps Global Information Security Lead
- Provide technical leadership as both an IC and provide
technical support and direction for a high performing team
responsible for the detailed design, implementation and maintenance
of Information Security standards/processes for Compute and Storage
in the Datacenter.
- Identify and lead improvements to Site Operation processes and
workflows, primarily related to logical security and physical data
protection of the data centers and servers.
- Gather and prioritize requirements from the Data Center InfoSec
members and other cross-functional Security partners
- and act as the liaison between these and the engineering teams
on technical project matters.
- Provide guidance on needs and priorities to partners on the
integration of information security aspects into new hardware
- Work closely with engineering leaders across the company to
help them evaluate and prioritize secure hardware best practices
and identify areas of improvement when introducing new hardware
families and SKUs.
- Build strong relationships and collaboration with engineering
and cross functional teams across the company.
- Actively solicit feedback from teams, and use that feedback to
improve operational effectiveness as infrastructure scales.
- Champion engineering and operations, establishing metrics and
process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Provide technical guidance and mentor engineers to develop
their careers, matching their strengths with projects tailored to
their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and
- Ability to travel up to 30% to data centers both domestically
and internationally.Minimum Qualifications: Minimum
- 7+ years experience in architecting and working with cross
functional teams to build information security processes and
- Knowledge of networking principles, technologies, protocols and
- Experience with influencing team and/or cross-functional
partners through rigorous data driven proposals and
- Communication and cross-collaboration experience.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering or Hardware Engineering, or commensurate experience in
relevant technical areas.
- Experience working individually as well as in groups on a
- Experience to effectively analyse risk within the context of
business, and technology problems.
- Familiarity with common security standards
- Experience in developing, implementing and/or running
operational processes that are used to scale and support global
operations.Preferred Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Technical infrastructure management and/or large-scale Data
- CISSP, CISA, GIAC-GSNA, or GIAC-GCCC.
- Experience with full hardware lifecycle management,
sustainability and/or ITAD related services.Industry: InternetEqual
Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally
protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state
and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting
process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a
disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Meta, Lincoln , SiteOps Global Information Security Lead Engineer, Engineering , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!