Sr Design Engineer, Composites
Company: General Dynamics
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Sr Design Engineer, CompositesAs a member of a cross-functional
team, this role will design new filament wound composite
structures, ensuring appropriate margins by performing structural
analyses, and supporting the in-house manufacture of these
structures. This role will also collaborate with other design
engineers to optimize our analysis tools by incorporating the
empirical data gained from the actual manufacturing and testing of
our products.Major Position Responsibilities
- Detailed design and analysis using mechanical modelling and
- Regular communication with program team and management
regarding technical aspects of the program.
- Generate drawing inputs to fully detail all aspects of product
- Interface with customers to ensure requirements are understood
and met and review design analysis results.
- Generate design and analysis presentations and present content
to customer community.
- Perform trade studies in support of new business
- Review/analyze tooling concepts for structural and/or end item
- Support production programs regarding technical
- Provide testing support in the form of written test plans and
reports, data reduction and evaluation, defining loading and
environmental requirements, etc.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in applicable engineering, technical,
science or related field.
- 4 years related experience and/or a combination of education
- Preferred Skills: experience with composite materials, CAD,
Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Microsoft
Keywords: General Dynamics, Lincoln , Sr Design Engineer, Composites, Engineering , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!