Group Fitness Instructor-ProActive, On-call to teach classes
Company: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job Title: Group Fitness Instructor
Job Location: Lincoln-ProActive Campus
Immediate Supervisor: Fitness Manager
Status: Hourly I. JOB OVERVIEW
- Teaches fitness classes in a safe manner using proper exercise,
body mechanics, and properly programmed, choreographed and cued
- Work will be performed in an ethical and legal manner following
organizational policies, processes, protocols and procedures .
- Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external
customer relations for Madonna as a whole, including upholding the
mission and values for the department and facility.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (INFORMATION)
- Maintains and reports on class participation.
- Prepares and executes high quality classes, programming for
safety and effectiveness.
- Markets group fitness and exercise classes to new and existing
- Provides a safe, welcoming, motivating, and enjoyable fitness
environment by using professionally accepted group fitness
techniques. Learns members-- names and genuinely greets them.
- Ensures all participants perform movements in a safe fashion in
regards to intensity, body mechanics, and according to the class
- Instructs classes on how to self-monitor intensity through
perceived exertion, pulse checks, or heart monitors.
- Develops new routines, programming and choreographies to ensure
fitness classes are motivating and challenging, while being able to
provide modifications, regressions and progressions for individuals
and specific populations as needed.
- Supports and cross-sells all ProActive departments, programs
- Actively involved in ProActive special events and
- Follows instruction from supervisor to perform other functions
as assigned in order to achieve the goals of ProActive.
- Utilizes fitness services and teaches classes on virtual
platforms as needed. (THINGS)
- Properly operates sound system and equipment. Reports
malfunctions and issues with sound equipment immediately.
- Effectively and safely utilizes fitness devices such as steps,
weights, bars, balls, punching bags, noodles, kick boards, water
resistive devices, etc. to provide the highest quality classes for
- Assists in ensuring clean and organized class environment and
- Performs light maintenance.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe environment. Handles and
operates all necessary equipment and performs required duties
according to established safety standards to maintain compliance
with regulations and prevent injury. III. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS Must have constant near visual acuity with
ordinary hearing and speaking skills. Frequent lift and carry of 25
pounds. Constant movement such as walking or swimming while
conducting classes. Requires frequent bending, squatting and
stooping. Must tolerate occasional to frequent horizontal reaching
with both arms. Frequent grasping of both hands requiring normal
grip strength based on national averages. Has potential for blood
or body fluids when providing emergency care. IV. QUALIFICATIONS
(Education/training and/or Experience)
- Prefer certification from a nationally recognized agency.
- Experience teaching land and/or water group fitness classes
- Completion of instructor training program preferred. Group
fitness certifications preferred include; American Council on
Exericse (ACE), National Arthritis Association, YMCA Group Exercise
and Water certifications, Aquatics Exercise Association (AEA)
and/or Aerobic and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) or another
recognized group exercise certification.
- CPR/AED certified required. Madonna is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital, Lincoln , Group Fitness Instructor-ProActive, On-call to teach classes, Education / Teaching , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...