Procurement and Marketing Coordinator
Company: Habitat for Humanity of Lincoln
Posted on: November 19, 2021
TITLE: Procurement/Marketing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: ReStore Management
SERVICE WEEK (days/hours): Currently, Tuesday through Saturday;
Full-time; occasional evening, Saturdays, management meetings and
special events as required. This is a Full time (40 hours/week)
PERSONAL VEHICLE: Required, as this position will be meeting with
commercial donors and businesses. Mileage is reimbursed per company
Habitat for Humanity of Lincoln builds strength, stability,
self-reliance and shelter. We believe everyone deserves a decent
place to live.
Habitat Lincoln is one of more than 1,300 local affiliates of
Habitat for Humanity International. We are locally governed by a
board of directors and have 15 staff members. Celebrating more than
30 years of service , we are poised for significant growth over the
next five years. We have built, rehabbed, and repaired more than
180 homes in Lancaster County. Our Habitat ReStore is seven years
old and is experiencing record sales in support of our mission.
POSITION SUMMARY: Procurement and Marketing coordinator is
responsible for initiating and growing lasting partnerships with
area businesses, manufacturers, contractors, churches, and builders
to acquire donations for ReStore. The Procurement and Marketing
coordinator partners with the store management team, Donation
Coordinator, Donation Ambassadors, and Warehouse Coordinator to
deliver consistent results in effective product and material
sourcing to drive retail sales. Implements and drives programs for
donation. Provides sustained network development to expand the
scope of Habitat ReStore activities and develop long-term,
collaborative relationships. Procurement and Marketing coordinator
is responsible for the development and tracking of the marketing
program, including all print, radio, social and website
advertisements. Actively responds to inquiries over social media
and Habitat for Humanity's website.
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential and
existing donors, including individuals, businesses, community, and
church groups to increase quality and quantity of merchandise
- Prepare and deliver (or supervise/participate in the delivery
of) presentations in individual and group settings to create and
expand long-term mutually beneficial relationships with current and
prospective donors, civic/business organizations, governmental
bodies, and other non-profit organizations. Including Home Builders
Association of Lincoln (HBAL), and Realtors Association of Lincoln
(RAL), among others.
- Understand and can effectively communicate the Habitat ReStore,
local affiliate and HFH missions to members of the public.
- Maintain donor records, keeping interactions updated with new
development and activity, including follow and record every touch
so that donors continually think of the ReStores for donations
- Oversee the maintenance and management of business donor
database, including directing volunteers who assist with business
relations, when applicable
- Track and submit monthly and quarterly donor metrics and
financial reports that illustrate progress and quantify donation
- Identify opportunities for in-store business connection events,
communicate ideas to and work with store managers to organize and
maximize the events that come to fruition
- Influence the acquisition of the most effective product mix for
our stores to reflect business needs, determined by assessing
community interest and collaborating with the stores
- Meet budgeted objectives for department expenses by managing
discretionary spending Public Relations, Marketing and
- Participate in developing and implementing a Public Relations
Plan to work with local organizations and media to further the
mission of Habitat ReStore and local affiliate.
- Participate in developing, rolling out and measuring marketing
and advertising programs to increase donations, sales, and
- Develop and present proposals to the ReStore manager to present
to the Operations Director for approval or support.
- Maintain all social media platforms to create constant and
- Maintain ReStore website and design
- Actively maintain marketing calendar in conjunction with
management to meet sales goals
- Actively respond to questions presented on social media,
emails, and website Partnership
- Collaborate with Operations Director and management team to
build strategy for growing the business donor pool
- Represent Habitat Lincoln ReStore to the business community at
- Research, identify, and act on new donor opportunities
- Work with staff, the Board, and partners to identify and
connect with donor opportunities
- Perform outside sales in the form of cold calling and
prospecting local businesses, both on the phone and in person, to
- Attend networking, outreach, and business after-hours events to
create donor opportunities, including trade shows and speaking
engagements REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Solid application of interpersonal and communications skills,
internally and externally, with groups and individuals.
- The ability and willingness to call on existing and potential
donors to increase merchandise in the store.
- Knowledge of the retail industry and local area businesses
- Computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing,
presentations, and email.
- A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing
conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Ability to climb 2 flights of stairs.
- Ability to safely lift and position up to 25 pounds.
- Comfortable with occasional work in a warehouse environment
that includes limited climate-controlled space. Competencies
- Consistent high standards of integrity and accountability.
- Initiative represented by "a sense of urgency" energy,
enthusiasm, attention to detail and follow up.
- A relationship builder for cooperative, mutually beneficial,
and long-term relationships.
- Personal presence, projecting a professional image in speech
and demeanor in interactions with others in multiple venues and
scenarios. How to Apply
- Submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Habitat for
Humanity of Lincoln is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to
employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our
positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against
any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital
status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual
orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other
status or characteristic protected by law. Any offer of employment,
as well as continued employment with Habitat for Humanity of
Lincoln, is contingent upon successfully completing a criminal
Keywords: Habitat for Humanity of Lincoln, Lincoln , Procurement and Marketing Coordinator, Advertising , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!