Posted on: November 22, 2021
Office Associate, International Education Job Duties This is an
entry-level position. Incumbents in this classification perform a
wide variety of responsible office support and administrative
functions in support of the assigned department or college program.
The Office Associate position requires proficiency in the full
range of general office services and functions as well as knowledge
of the services of their department and work assignment.
- Greets faculty, staff, students, and others by phone, in
person, or through electronic media. Assesses needs and explains
services, processes, procedures, and guidelines. Handles
requests/transactions or directs the person or matter to the proper
sources. Assists in resolving problems and ensuring satisfactory
resolutions. Processes various forms or applications and ensures
accuracy and completeness; enters, computes, verifies, and compiles
data and forwards for review/approval or files paperwork.
- Must be computer literate as well as knowledgeable about a
variety of office software applications. Creates documents in Word
or uses predefined templates and form letters. Creates or maintains
files in Excel. May create PowerPoint presentations and use Access
or other databases.
- Occasional hiring, supervising, training, and monitoring of
- Operates office equipment such as printers, copy machines, fax
machines. Serves as liaison with service and vendor personnel.
- Provides direct or indirect assistance with department-related
tasks. This includes room or class scheduling, travel, budget, and
general support to all areas of the department.
- Enters information into Digital Measures as needed and/or other
large and complex databases of department records and services,
ensures the accuracy and completeness of the data, and generates
reports or outputs when necessary.
- Receives mail, email, or other correspondence for the work unit
or area including electronic or bulk mailings. Reviews
correspondence and determines proper disposition.
- Maintains department supplies and inventories. Tracks status,
orders, purchases, and maintains or distributes supplies as
- Files documents, including use of electronic rather than paper
records if applicable.
- Coordinates, organizes, and takes minutes at meetings, and
supports other department activities and functions. Schedules or
obtains the use of rooms and sets up rooms and equipment for
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Required
Qualifications High school diploma or equivalent. One-year business
school training or related work experience. Preferred
Qualifications Experience working with a diverse population.
Schedule M-F, 8 am-5 pm, 40 hoursDesired Start Date 12/01/2021
Direct questions about the position to Tim Burkink, . Equal
Keywords: UNK, Lincoln , Office Associate, Administration, Clerical , Kearney, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!