Senior financial analyst
Company: Bryan Health
Posted on: May 17, 2019
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting in the
preparation of the annual capital and operating budget, pro forma
analyses, service line profitability reporting, monthly management
reporting, and department productivity and benchmark comparisons.
This analyst also provides integral assistance to auditors as it
relates to areas of expertise.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently
demonstrates our core values.
2. *Performs analysis of financial information to ensure accurate
and timely processing per departmental and regulatory
3. *Assesses user needs and makes necessary improvements as they
relate to general accounting functions within accepted
4. *Understands, utilizes, and educates others regarding accepted
accounting theory and practice to prepare and interpret a broad
range of financial reports used by internal managers and the Board
5. *Assists and advises departments in the development of financial
plans, forecasts, and annual budgets for all entities within Bryan
6. *Partners with the business to perform financial statement
analytics to provide explanations on account fluctuations.
7. *Prepares ad-hoc pro forma financial statements on new business
8. Advances work knowledge by participating in continuing education
in-services, reading periodicals/literature and seeking ongoing
development opportunities; maintains working knowledge of new
accounting standards and practices based on industry literature and
serves as primary resource for this information for the
9. *Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements,
including detailed review and analysis for major balance sheet and
income statement accounts for all entities within Bryan Health.
10. *Prepares consolidated Bryan Health financial statements and
supporting reports for use by Senior Management and the Board of
Trustees. Maintains all intercompany elimination entries included
in these consolidated financial statements.
11. *Prepares corporate tax returns for all entities within Bryan
12. Reviews and verifies organizational contracts and tracks
13. Assures compliance with and minimizes tax liability through
sound and informed application of federal, state, and local tax
laws and regulations.
14. *Develops benchmarks and other performance measures using
comparative/relevant data and integrates these into labor
productivity and similar operational aspects of the
15. *Oversees the Axiom Productivity system and ACTION O-I
operational comparative database.
16. *Analyzes transactions and performs reconciliations related to
Bryan Health's investments; acts as a liaison between external
auditors, investment advisors and trust agents. Provides investment
notes for quarterly and year-end financial statements.
17. Serves as the system administrator for all software-based
issues related to Infor (Lawson) and Axiom.
18. Maintains subsidiary ledger detail as requested and verifies
reconciliation to the general ledger.
19. *Serves as the main financial lead for Foundation, Enterprises,
and Physician Network; prepares all journal entries and financial
statements; coordinates their audit including work papers,
financial statement notes and year-end schedules.
20. *Coordinates budget preparation and training for
21. Prepares all budget reports, books, and presentations used by
the Board of Trustees.
22. Performs other related duties as assigned.
(Essential Job functions are marked with an asterisk "*". Refer to
the Job Description Guide for the definition of essential and
non-essential job functions.) Attach Addendum for positions with
slightly different roles or work-specific differences as
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field of study required.
Master's degree or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
preferred. Minimum of five (5) years accounting experience
required. Additional experience in detailed accounting analysis and
knowledge of healthcare regulations desired.",
Bryan Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, genetics,
marital, disability and/or veteran status. Bryan Health hires and
promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications
for the job to be filled.
Keywords: Bryan Health, Lincoln , Senior financial analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!