Senior IS Auditor - Access Management
Posted on: February 16, 2020
OverviewIt takes someone special to be an IS Auditor. It takes
someone with an eagle eye for evaluating policies, procedures and
controls. It takes someone with experience in security,
infrastructure, development change management, and compliance
concepts whos not afraid to speak up and offer suggestions for
improvements. It takes someone with the skills to plan, coordinate,
perform, and reportoften all at the same time. Youve already got
what it takes to be an auditor. At Nelnet, well give you what it
takes to be extraordinary.The IS Auditor II serves an important
role assisting in the execution of the Identity Access Governance
program; participating in audits and routine access certifications
of various systems and processes. The IS Auditor II analyzes
internal controls over Nelnets diverse technology environment
including areas such as physical security, access provisioning,
system logging and monitoring, and systems continuity. The end
result of the IS Auditor IIs efforts provide assurances to its
customers related to the adequacy of Nelnets control environment,
systems reliability and quality of information, all in an effort to
maintain Nelnets reputation as a leader in the financial services
industry.This position requires work in support of the Companys
contract with the United States Department of Education (ED). As
such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for
this position must complete United States Government security
clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that
security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being
accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet
will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship
for such positions.Responsibilities
- Represent Identity Access Governance by assisting in
initiatives with Information Technology, Corporate Security, Audit
Services, Compliance, Operations and Operational Risk leadership
- Collaborate with business, technology, security, vendor and
audit professionals to facilitate access certifications, respond to
audits, examinations, and RFPs, remediate risks, and improve
Nelnets Identity Access Governance program.
- Collect and understand compliance requirements, policies,
procedures, regulations, controls and best practices related to
Identity Access Governance and a diverse information technology
- Assess, monitor and validate adherence to process and control
information through various test procedures and reviewing
documentation and transactions.
- Develop and prepare detailed evidence throughout all audit
phases to ensure compliance with Nelnet Standards or other relevant
frameworks as well as recommendation for remediation actions.
- Work with leadership and associates to resolve issues,
recommend cost savings, reduce exposure and implement internal
controls to reduce risk, including processes to follow up on audit
action plans to ensure accurate and timely implementation of agreed
- Monitor access certifications and compliance related projects
and communicate the status of projects to leadership.
- Identify and research process improvements to better leverage
technology, reduce risk, comply with policies, procedures,
regulations, and other standards to ensure efficient utilization of
- Assist in the process of performing access certifications,
audit\compliance work and required documentation for internal and
external auditors in their execution of ATO, FISCAM, PIV-I, SSAE 18
and SOX engagements, as well as other audits.
- Assist other members of Identity and Access Governance in
completing assignments as needed.
- Assist with special projects and act as an Identity Access
Governance liaison with other areas of the company as
- Establish and maintain working relationships with coworkers and
- Demonstrate a commitment to teamwork and exhibit a positive
- Assist with mentoring other team members and interns in all
facets of audit and compliance with Identity Access Governance
policies and procedures
- Engage in internal and external education opportunities to
develop and maintain knowledge of Nelnet, the financial services
industry, and the Identity Access Governance industry.
- Perform other duties as assigned.QualificationsEDUCATION:A
bachelors degree (or equivalent) in information systems,
information technology, management information systems, accounting,
or similar technology-related field.EXPERIENCE:At least 2 to 4
years of experience working in a professional environment.
Experience in internal or external audit, quality assurance,
process improvement, technology, and/or accounting desired.
Existing certification or willingness to obtain professional
certification (CIA, CISA, CISM, CISSP) desired.Knowledge working
with Identity and Access Management software, Active Directory,
Microsoft suite, etc. is an advantage.COMPETENCIES
- Self-directed desire to learn new concepts, and able to think
and work independently.
- Ability to adapt in fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and complex concepts
verbally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze complex data.
- Ability to understand basic information systems, auditing,
quality assurance and control concepts.
- Ability to understand Identity Access Governance concepts of
Authentication, Authorization, Privileged Access, Multi-Factor
Authentication and Single Sign On.
- Ability to build relationships, work in teams, and interact
with many levels of management.
- Ability to work in an organized manner and meet goals.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects,
and work within critical timelines.
- Understanding of Agile project methodologies.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and organizational
- High degree of literacy in information system processes,
systems development, infrastructure management and information
security software.We encourage you to explore this Nelnet
opportunity and others atNelnetCareers.com.This position requires
work in support of the companys contract with the united states
department of education (ED). As such, the united states government
requires that any applicant for this position must complete united
states government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED
has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for
foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of
this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants
without united states citizenship for such positionsEEO
StatementNelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with
Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that
qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated
during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed,
national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability,
use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation,
military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal
or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with
disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to
apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such
accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition &
Recruiting.Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.Job
Locations US-NE-LincolnPosted Date 2 weeks ago (1/29/2020 3:32
PM)Job ID 2020-9885# of Openings 1Category Professionals
Keywords: Nelnet, Lincoln , Senior IS Auditor - Access Management, Accounting, Auditing , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!